After some technical difficulties Mrs. Smith’s Website is back up and running AND LONG overdue for an update!!
We have been utilizing Google Docs in our classroom on a near daily basis. The best part about this tool is that students can work on their writing at home as well as at school. Plus if shared with me, I can see what they are working on.
To access these tools at home follow the steps below OR visit the “Google Classroom” page on the top bar of the website!
I would like to try to have students begin using it at home for homework, when minimally assigned. It develops student’s typing skills, reinforces digital responsibility, and give you more of an opportunity as a parent to engage in meaningful conversation at home with your child.
How Can Your Child Sign Up at Home?
Each child has a specific 7 digit student ID number. I will be sending home an additional copy home. In order for students to log in
- Type classroom.google.com in the address bar (or docs.google.com or drive.google.com)
- Log in to their Google account. This is where they need to type in their seven digit code followed by stamfordpublicschools.org. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter password — students should know password as it is the same login as the computers at school
- Click on classroom name — “Room 167”
- Find the latest assignment to complete.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. It is a private, secure environment for all students. I have full control over moderation settings.
Additionally, keep in mind that if you do not have access to technology at home, your child can still complete their assignment on paper without penalty. I have attached links to Google Classroom for Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. You can also download the extension on your chrome web browser.