Hi! I’m Mrs. Smith!
I am excited to begin my 81/2 year of teaching and my 4th year of teaching 3rd grade. This is my fifth year at Stark where I have taught 1st and 3rd grade. Prior to being a part of the Stark Family, I taught 4th grade at Davenport for 4 years. Growing up, I always knew I wanted to be a teacher, even playing ‘school’ at home. I am excited to be living out my dreams and playing ‘school’ every day in the classroom!
I graduated from the University of Western Ontario with a Bachelors of Administrative and Commercial Studies & a minor in Sociology. I then explored the world of hospitality and worked at the front desk of two big hotels in New York City. After 3 years I realized that the hotel industry wasn’t for me, as my heart was in the classroom and working with kids. I enrolled in the University of Bridgeport’s Education program and received my Masters of Science in Education a year and a half later. Through the internship program at UB I was able to get a lot of hands-on experience at Northeast Elementary School.
Two years ago I finished my Masters in Educational Technology from the University of Connecticut. Through this 6th year program I learned a lot about incorporating technology into the classroom, different learning styles, and how to be a 21st-century teacher. I am excited to incorporate what I learned in the online classroom to our real classroom this year!
A few fun facts…
- I was born in Canada & have lived on two continents – North America & Africa.
- My favorite color is PURPLE!
- I swam in high school & college. My favorite event was the 100m & 200m butterfly!
- I LOVE ice cream – it is my favorite food group.
- I like being healthy and working out whenever I can.
- My favorite way to start the day is to read a book on the porch with a cup of coffee.
Learning new types of technology
Walking my Dog