I would like to try to have students begin using it at home for homework, when minimally assigned. It develops student’s typing skills, reinforces digital responsibility, and give you more of an opportunity as a parent to engage in meaningful conversation at home with your child.
How Can Your Child Sign Up at Home?
Each child has a specific 7 digit student ID number. I will be sending home an additional copy home. In order for students to log in
- Type classroom.google.com in the address bar
- Log in to their Google account. This is where they need to type in their seven digit code followed by stamfordpublicschools.org. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter password — students should know password as it is the same login as the computers at school
- Click on classroom name — “Room 167”
- Find the latest assignment to complete.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. It is a private, secure environment for all students. I have full control over moderation settings.
Additionally, keep in mind that if you do not have access to technology at home, your child can still complete their assignment on paper without penalty. I have attached links to Google Classroom for Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. You can also download the extension on your chrome web browser.
We have also started using Google Docs & Drive. To access those tools the login process is the same — just visit the following urls.
Google Docs — docs.google.com
Google Drive — drive.google.com